I’ve been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award.
If you don’t like gushing, feel free to skip over the next sentence.
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh I can’t believe it oh my gosh this is so amazing wow wow wow.
Okay, I’m done.
The amazing, wonderful Rambling Jess over at Thoughts in My Head (an awesome blog) has nominated me for this award. Thank you so much! You made my day.
Alright, so the rules for this award are as follows:
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website/blog. (Hopefully, I can figure out how to do that.)
2. Announce your win with a post. Make sure to post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination. (Done!)
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers. (Only 15?)
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you have linked them in the post. (Will do.)
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself. (That’s going to be tough!)
So, let’s begin.
Seven interesting things about me:
- I’m supposed to be writing a 1200 word essay on Nikita Khrushchev right now. Instead, I’m sitting here, desperately trying to think of seven interesting things about myself. I really should be getting to work, considering the only thing I know about Nikita Khrushchev is that he is not a woman.
- When using Microsoft Word, I always use the Times New Roman font. Calibri simply will not do. Even when reading documents typed out on Microsoft Word by others, I have to change the font to Times New Roman before I start reading.
I know what you’re thinking, but I am not obsessive-compulsive.
And I’m not in denial either.
- My favourite movie ever is The Pink Panther, starring Steve Martin. Even today, I cannot watch Inspector Clouseau pronounce ‘hamburger’ without going into spasms.
As you can see, I’m not the most intellectual of people.
- Unless you want to be cured of the hiccups, you do not want to watch me dance. I just might be the worst dancer in the world.
- I love English Literature, and I believe that the most complex, thoughtful and profound character in all of literary history is Winnie-the-Pooh.
- I am technologically challenged. When anyone mentions the words ‘processors’ and ‘operating system’ my eyes glaze over. Even typing out those words required a great deal of effort to prevent me from falling into a deep slumber.
- My favourite food in the world is dark chocolate (with 80% cocoa). But when it comes to chocolate products like chocolate cake and chocolate ice-cream, I’m not the biggest fan. It’s just one of my quirks.
And these are my nominees (in no particular order):
- The Daily Trip: This is a humor blog co-written by father and daughter. It’s absolutely hilarious. Every post makes me laugh.
- Lewis Cave: This blog is a perfect blend of humor, fiction and thought-provoking short stories. Love it!
- Snoozing on the Sofa: An amazingly funny writer, with two playful young boys. Enough said.
- Path: Ethic: A talented writer who can effortlessly switch between humor and thoughtful reflections. A perfect candidate for the ‘Versatile Blogger Award’!
- Confessions of a Technophile: Very impressive blog – partly about technology, but mostly about the everyday musings of a schoolboy. Really funny.
- Peak Perspective: Read this to get your weekly dose of laughter and recipes for some delicious food. Humor + Food = Happiness.
- Things My Daughters Told Me: Adorable, witty, funny. Don’t miss this.
- Dirty Rotten Parenting: What can I say, I’m a sucker for mommy blogs. ‘Funny’ does not begin to describe this blog.
- Patsy Porco’s Blog: Free and Worth It: I recently stumbled upon this blog, and I’m very glad I did. Definitely worth it!
- One Tired Guy’s Thoughts: The funny side of life, dissected and analyzed.
- How To Be Good At Everything: A little but of humor, a little bit of philosophy, and plenty of useful advice.
- The Writer’s Nest: Beautiful poetry, book reviews, thought-provoking posts – this blog has everything.
- Listful Thinking: Every post has me in splits.
- Oh God, My Wife is German: The life of an American man, married to a German woman, living in Germany. The idea itself holds infinite possibilities.
- Over 50, under 5: The wittiest one-year old with a blog. Very entertaining.
So that’s it – my nominees.
Thanks for reading!